Thank you for your interest in St. Vincent de Paul!
Having people lend a hand in service to neighbors is the “core” of what we do. That is how Frederic Ozanam started the Society of St. Vincent de Paul in 1833. That is how our organization operates today, with neighborhood volunteer conferences, as well as program volunteers, providing services to neighbors. Volunteering is in our organizational DNA.
Our programs have grown from serving a handful of people, to serving thousands of people on a weekly basis. Volunteers have played a significant role in each of our milestones by contributing time, enthusiasm, and passion in all that they do. Volunteers have served in a variety of capacities in our ever-growing organization. We are grateful for all that our Volunteers do and look forward to continued growth and relationships in the coming years.
Please follow the steps below in order to successfully set up your account and begin signing up for Service Events and Projects.
- Here you will be able to explore all of the Volunteer Opportunities at St. Vincent de Paul.
- Click on each green button to learn more about the opportunities by department.
- Clicking on an individual Service Event or Project will show you a position description and the typical Volunteer Hours for that position. This description will also include location information, as well as contact information for the Event Organizer.
- If you have found something you are interested in, please click the “Register as a Volunteer” button toward the bottom of the Event page, or head back to the main page and click the “Volunteer Application” green button.
- This will prompt you to create a new Volunteer Account through filling out our application. You will receive an automated email with a temporary password that should allow you to sign into your account.
- Once you application is received, our Volunteer Coordinator will screen your application and run a background check.
- You will receive an additional email after the background check is completed letting you know if you have been approved to serve.
- Since you have already filled out an Application, once you have been approved, it will allow you to register for the events that you are interested in.
Please note that it could take up to 5 business days to process your application.
Should you have any questions, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com