St. Vincent de Paul of Seattle|King County collaborates with Seattle, King County Public Health to help neighbors experiencing homelessness receive patient-centered health, and social services, while meeting people where they are and fostering health and well-being.
The Mobile Medical Van will be at the St Vincent de Paul Georgetown campus every month, helping neighbors with the following services:
- Visits with Nurses and Doctors for acute and chronic conditions
- STD, HIV and Hepatitis C testing
- Pregnancy test and birth control
- Access to behavior health and substance use specialists
- Naloxone overdose prevention training and kits
- Dental care for pain and emergency conditions on select days
The Mobile Medical program is funded by the King County Veterans, Seniors and Human Services Levy and the City of Seattle Human Services Departments.
They will also help neighbors connect to:
- Mental health counseling
- Doctor’s office to provide follow-up care
- Substance use counseling
- Enrollment into OrcaLift transportation
- Referrals to shelter, food, benefits, legal and domestic violence programs.