The General Maintenance Worker is responsible for performing the facility maintenance for St. Vincent de Paul’s (SVdP) main headquarters as well as its Thrift Stores and other properties. Also be prepared to respond to emergencies reported by monitoring agency 24/7.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: The duties and responsibilities of this position shall include, but not be limited to the following.
- Maintain plumbing and plumbing fixtures for all properties, heating and air conditioning systems, parking lots and drainage systems, building repairs and general maintenance, painting and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Perform facility repairs, installations, small construction remodeling, and maintenance projects; maintain records of materials used; orders and purchases new materials.
- Perform landscaping and grounds maintenance of all properties.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all properties and equipment.
- Must be able to come in during off-hours when emergencies arise.
- Complete tasks and projects in a timely manner on schedule.
- Knowledge of construction terms and practices and energy efficiency methods used in construction.
- Work directly with supervisor and other management to insure that all facilities are maintained in proper working condition.
- Work within the framework of the Society’s mission and objectives.
- Work with the proper attitude that exemplifies the Society’s Statement of Values.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/ExperienceL Two to Five years of experience in construction, maintenance, or repair work; training and experience equivalent to one of the employment standards listed above that provides the required knowledge and abilities. High School diploma or GED required.
Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and to communicate as necessary with supervisor and other employees.
Certificates and Licenses
Valid Washington State Driver’s license.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see and talk. Employee must be able to lift and carry objects weighing 50 lbs. for short distances and must be able to push and pull objects weighing up to 200 lbs.
- Employee must also be capable of the following:
- Be able to stand, walk, and lift for a substantial part of each shift.
- Have well-developed fine motor control and the ability to grasp, handle, finger, and manipulate small and large items.
- Have full range of body motion with the ability to regularly reach above head, stoop, bend, twist, and squat.
- Be able to perform repetitive fine motor functions with fingers, wrists, arms and waist.
- Must be able to move across a wide variety of surfaces including, but not limited to, ramps, stairs, and move over objects that may be in employee’s path.
- Drive mid-size box trucks