The Society of St. Vincent de Paul Seattle/King County is looking for a valuable new team member. This is not just another job; here at St. Vinny's the work you do every day has a positive impact on your local community. If you are the type of person who values compassionate action, consider joining our team at St. Vincent de Paul of Seattle/King County. Over 90% of every dollar donated is given back to our neighbors by assisting them with rent, utilities, food, clothing, and many other critical needs.
We are seeking a person that takes pride in their work and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a Warehouse/Driver Assistant for our Georgetown location. In this role, some of the essential duties and responsibilities include:
Summary: The Warehouse/Driver Assistant will assist with picking up and delivering donations, materials, or recycling waste, depending on the current assignment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides excellent customer service, interacting with customers and SVdP employees in a courteous and appropriate manner.
- Listens attentively to any service complaints and reports all complaints to the Manager, Recycling/Dispatch/Trucking.
- Loads and unloads donations, garbage, or recycling (depending on current assignment) as requested by the supervisor.
- Guides driver with proper hand signals from outside the truck.
- Loads, unloads, and operates around trucks in a safe manner and follows all other safety policies and procedures.
- Prepares incoming or outgoing materials for loading and unloading.
- Help keep the truck cab clean and organized.
- Helps clean and maintain recycling areas.
- Advises driver if unsafe conditions exist for the truck or the conditions in the work area are unsafe for loading or unloading.
- Makes certain that hand trucks, dollies, and other truck equipment remains with the truck after each stop.
- Gives special attention to priorities designated by Driver and Department Manager.
- May work in baling and recycling operation when not needed for trucking operations.
- Works within the framework of the Society’s mission and objectives.
This is a full-time position with great benefits, the starting hourly wage is $15.00/hour. Please email resume to email@example.com, or go to SVDPSeattle.org and apply online. St. Vincent de Paul is an Equal Opportunity Employer.