Job Title: eBay & Production Representative Prepared By: Human Resources
Department: Retail Sales Prepared Date: September 2020
Reports To: Warehouse/Distribution Manager FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Summary: Assists with the general operation of the St. Vincent de Paul eBay Sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Self-starter with the ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail, thoroughness, and the ability to analyze information quickly and present findings in a professional manner.
- Coordinate with Store Managers for merchandise pick up.
- Monitor outbound shipments to ensure delivery.
- Manage online eBay listing, relisting’s, disputes, questions, company information.
- Ability to take and upload photos of merchandise to eBay account.
- Distinguish between types of materials and sort donations into assigned categories and pack them properly for shipping to online customers; lift and carry boxed and packaged merchandise.
- Price donations with identifying information as directed by management’s guidelines.
- Clean work area as needed.
- Maintain pricing equipment and color codes.
- Move and carry materials and items from intake to storage or maintenance areas.
- Open boxes, crates, bags and other containers as required.
- Examine, sort, and place donated items on racks, shelves or in bins according to policy and procedure.
- Recycle donations according to company criteria.
- Record amounts of materials or items received and distributed.
- Fill work orders or requests for materials or other stock items and distribute them as directed.
- Relieve other workers during peak work periods.
- Have the ability to sort jewelry, utilizing repetitive fine motor skills.
- Strategic actions towards brand awareness and market presence.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Wear appropriate Society attire, as directed by management.
- Work with the proper attitude that exemplifies the Society’s Statement of Values
- Work within the framework of the Society’s mission and objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High School Diploma or GED required, Associates Degree preferred. Two years retail and online sales experience, preferably with eBay.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, safety information, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the Society.
Ability to work with fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
Ability to solve practical problems quickly and in situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Excellent skills with PC based Microsoft products such as Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of internet and social media platforms.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The environment is a warehouse and office, which attracts a diverse customer population. An employee may encounter dust and temperature fluctuations and will have daily exposure to household chemicals. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see and talk. Employee must be able to lift and carry objects weighing 20 lbs. for short distances and must be able to push and pull objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
Employee must also be capable of the following:
- Have well-developed fine motor control and the ability to grasp, handle, finger, and manipulate small and large items.
- Have full range of body motion with the ability to regularly reach above head, stoop, bend, twist, and squat.
- Be able to perform repetitive fine motor functions with fingers, wrists, arms and waist.
- Must be able to move across a wide variety of surfaces including, but not limited to, ramps, stairs, and move over objects that may be in employee’s path.