|Job Title: Donation Attendant||Prepared By: Human Resources|
|Department: Stores||Revised Date: July 2023|
|Reports To: Store Manager||Location: Renton|
|FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
|Summary: Manage assigned donation station by interacting effectively with donors and properly handling, sorting, and stacking donations.|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greets donors, offers to assist them by moving donated items out of donors’ vehicles, and provides such assistance.
- Understands and explains donation criteria to donors and provides receipts.
- Evaluates donated items to determine if they are acceptable for donation.
- Communicates effectively with donors and thanks them for their donations.
- Assists with customer carry-outs.
- Sorts donations into assigned categories and packs them properly into containers, and completes other tasks as assigned by manager/supervisor when no donor/customers are being served.
- Maintains donation station, ensuring it is clean, orderly, and safe.
- Informs supervisor of status of donation station, available container footage, and condition.
- Loads and unloads trucks as assigned, including garbage, recycling, and route trucks.
- Works in a safe manner and follows all Society safety guidelines.
- Wears appropriate Society attire, including nametag, as directed by management.
- Achieves and maintains a record of punctual and reliable attendance.
- Works with the proper attitude that exemplifies the Society’s Statement of Values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To Apply: To be considered for this position, please submit an application and your resume to: