Job Title: Distribution Operation Worker Prepared By: Human Resources
Department: Online Sales Date Prepared: April 23, 2019
Reports To: Lead Distribution Supervisor FSLA Status: Nonexempt/Part-time
Summary: Assists with the general operation of the SVDP Online Sales and general pricing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Self-starter with the ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail, thoroughness, and the ability to analyze information quickly and present findings in a professional manner
- Coordinate with Store Manager’s for merchandise pick up.
- Assist with online eBay listing, and relisting’s.
- Monitor outbound shipments to ensure delivery.
- Sort jewelry, utilizing repetitive fine motor skills.
- Research consumer trends to identify product opportunities.
- Strategic actions toward brand awareness and market presence.
- Price donations with identifying information as directed by management’s guidelines.
- Clean work area as needed.
- Maintain pricing equipment and color codes.
- Move and carry materials and items from intake to storage or maintenance areas.
- Open boxes, crates, bags, and other containers, as required.
- Examine, sort, and place donated items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to policy and procedure.
- Recycle donations according to company criteria.
- Record amounts of materials or items received and distributed.
- Fill work orders or requests for materials or other stock items and distribute them as directed.
- Relieve other workers during peak work periods.
- Work with the proper attitude that exemplifies the Society’s Statement of Values
- Wear appropriate Society attire, as directed by management.
- Work within the framework of the Society’s mission and objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, safety information, and memos.
No skills needed.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The environment is a warehouse and office, which attracts a diverse customer population. An employee may encounter dust and temperature fluctuations and will have daily exposure to household chemicals. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see and talk. Employee must be able to lift and carry objects weighing 20 lbs. for short distances and must be able to push and pull objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
Employee must also be capable of the following:
- Have well-developed fine motor control and the ability to grasp, handle, finger, and manipulate small and large items.
- Have full range of body motion with the ability to regularly reach above head, stoop, bend, twist, and squat.
- Be able to perform repetitive fine motor functions with fingers, wrists, arms and waist.
- Must be able to move across a wide variety of surfaces including, but not limited to, ramps, stairs, and move over objects that may be in employee’s path.
Employee Signature _________________________________ Date: ____________