Job Title: Development and Volunteer Coordinator
Department: Administration Approved By: Executive Director
Reports To: Executive Director FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: This position is responsible for maintaining and working with the Volunteers and SVDP management team to develop, train and cultivate a comprehensive volunteer program and to expand the SVDP volunteer base. Additionally, this position is responsible for managing all social media marketing through content strategy, brand awareness, and donor engagement and assisting as needed in the development of corporate donors for in-kind giving of merchandise, and developing other potential donors. Works within the framework of the Society’s mission and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned as well:
- Acts as liaison with staff, board members, public, interns, and volunteers. Collaborate with team members to ensure a cohesive social media identity. Create and maintain relevant social media accounts. Setup daily tasks and activity for all social media outlets.
- Create social media policies and procedures for agency use; crucial part of the Communications team for SVDP; provide website updates, editing of documents prior to final release, sale fliers and ads. Will maintain SVDP Facebook, Instagram and Twitter feeds. Exclusively in charge of taking photos and choosing which to post as needed. Keep track of social media trends and competition.
- Deliver monthly reports with statistics and results for each account. Responsible to assist with Annual Report Development.
- Research and identify relevant content to share with followers. Apply style and format standards to ensure consistency across all platforms. Identify creative ways to engage both new and existing
- Manages donor activity, works with the Executive Director to track and follow through on Donor related issues or inquires. Provides support for the annual Blue Dress Breakfast and any other event for Donor Development.
- Contribute to the recurring Editorial Calendar; Develop, write and edit innovative and creative media content across all social media platforms.
- Will provide outreach to the Catholic school system. Will schedule school groups for SVDP Campus visits. Will provide general communications with Educational Professionals.
- Manages all aspects of Non-Vincentian volunteer activity: Interacts with Volunteers, handles intake, maintain system to track individual volunteer’s paperwork, recruitment, training, scheduling and is also responsible for hours tracking and acknowledgment letters utilizing the Cervis Volunteer Management Software.
- May be called upon to assist with special projects and assume responsibility for the development, administration, and promotion of specific projects, as required.
- Screen all prospective volunteers and complete background checks. Provide standardized training that includes awareness of the agency mission, policies and procedures. Maintain and track monthly hours and current records on all volunteers. Respond promptly to all initial volunteer contacts. Update agency volunteer information on relevant Web sites. Write volunteer profile articles for the agency newsletters and web site as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum: AA Degree from accredited college and at least 3 years experience performing the duties of this job or a combination of education and experience. It is highly desirable that experience includes working in a not for profit environment. Previous experience with social media, volunteer programs or demonstrated employment history in a related position is required.
Preferred: Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or a related field,
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, instructional and procedural manuals, and correspondence. Ability to write reports correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from diverse and varied audiences, including board of director members, managers, and service providers. Must be able to visually scan reports and documents, with proven proofreading abilities.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
Excellent skills with PC based Microsoft products such as Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
This position may supervise volunteer positions, and needs the experience and ability to schedule, monitor, and evaluate subordinates’ performance.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is in a standard office environment with moderate noise levels. The position does not frequently travel within the area outside of the office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work with computers and other electronic equipment for prolonged periods and to use hands to finger, handle or feel. Prolonged keyboarding is required. The position requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range, clear and understandable speech patterns, and the ability to h ear in quiet as well as noisy environments. The position requires working in groups of two or more in close proximity. Requires occasional bending, stooping, reaching, and/or stretching and lifting up to 25 pounds.