Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Approved By: Human Resources
Reports To: Director, Communications
FSLA Status: Non-exempt
The individual in this position serves the Council by assisting in the development and distribution of communications materials and information and interacts with internal and external audiences to deliver SVdP messages to key donor and stakeholder audiences including Vincentians, donors, volunteers, businesses and others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following; however, other duties may be assigned:
- An integral part of this position is coordinating all of SVdP social media, producing content for both for public and Vincentian member websites, assisting in the management of public and internal communications, designing and producing print materials including brochures, fact sheet, and newsletters.
- Disseminates agendas for Board of Directors, Council and Staff Leadership meetings as required, participates in the discussions and offers opinions as appropriate.
- Responds internally and externally to questions, comments, and concerns from social media outlets, email and SVdP websites
- Assists SVdP Leadership team with various meetings and events; including management of database, e-mail and other forms of invitations, event planning coordination, materials gathering & set-up as needed
Social Media Support
- Assist in the management of the SVdP Council’s social media campaigns on current platforms including Facebook and Instagram.
- Writes and edits content for website, social media and news media, takes photos and assists in management of SVdP public and private volunteer websites.
- Assists with the development of strategy, timelines and ideas for implementing communications and advertising campaigns for SVdP Programs in the community and the SVdP brand.
- Prepares SVdP promotion materials to support various Council departments, our local chapters including visual displays, brochures, and other promotion support materials.
- Assists in the preparation of email blasts and communications for meetings of the SVdP Board of Directors and Council meetings.
- Writes and edits news releases, blog posts, Vincentian news announcements and works to establish and maintain relationships with staff and people in the community.
- Supports the Director of Communications on projects on an as-needed basis.
Volunteer Program Management
- Manages all aspects of the SVdP Volunteer Program ( background checks, quarterly hour tracking, hour acknowledgment, scheduling of group volunteers, weekly volunteer group updates, checking in and maintaining volunteer calendar.
- Plans and manages SVdP school and volunteer tours of the council office as well as engaging with Programs including Centro Rendu and other events throughout the community
- Works with the Associate Director to develop and implement a program to engage young adults and students in the SVdP mission by creating volunteer and other opportunities to educate youth about SVDP.
Events & Holiday Appeal Support
- Includes concept development, writing, editing and packaging of content to promote SVdP during the Holiday season and for any and all of the agency’s training, fundraising and welcome events for new staff, Vincentians and others.
- Assists with all aspects of writing, list development, design and printing and mailing of materials.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism.
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience working in a marketing or communications position or comparable volunteer experience.
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ease in addressing groups of clients and communicating with diverse workgroups. Ability to read, analyzes, and understands general business periodicals, journals, technical procedures, safety manuals, and regulations. Applicant must have the ability to write reports.
Must have a working knowledge of managing social media platforms, working on the back end of WordPress or similar platforms involved in managing websites, proficiency using Microsoft Office software is required. Familiarity with client-based software and email communications will be essential to regular communications and reporting.
Have the ability and creativity in resolving practical societal problems quickly and in situations where limited standardization. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form is needed.
The individual in this position must have the ability to work with basic mathematical concepts. Must be able to understand common financial, payroll records, and cash management reports.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is in a standard office environment with moderate noise levels. The position does not frequently travel within the area outside of the office environment.
St Vincent de Paul supports equality and diversity.