Job Title: Centro Rendu - Family & Community Engagement Coordinator
Department: Centro Rendu Prepared by: Human Resources
Reports To: Centro Rendu Managing Board
FSLA Status: Exempt Prepared Date: July 20, 2019
Summary: This full-time position will directly support and help develop and implement DeColores, Best Start for Kids (BSK) grant as well as support other Centro Rendu activities and initiatives around family engagement and programming that help build capacity for self-advocacy and leadership development in the Latino community; such as Centro Rendu Parent Ambassador Program. This position will also support the Local Improvement Network (LIN) and the Vista volunteer program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; however, other duties may be assigned:
- Provide general support to Centro Rendu staff - weekly meetings (Education programs, Case Managers, and Childcare staff); administer, track and approve hours of Centro Rendu employees in timekeeping system.
- Work with other St. Vincent de Paul (SVdP) departments to ensure alignment (i.e.: Finance, Communications, Case Management, Helpline, Volunteers Vincentians, Human Resources, stores).
- Responsible for managing administrative operations and procedures within Centro Rendu
- Coordinate volunteers’ onsite and offsite events - Enter volunteer information and track hours in Cervis; train volunteers to track time in Cervis to simplify tracking/reporting for budget reports.
- Participate in monthly Renton Innovation Zone Local Improvement Network (LIN) meetings.
- Establish collaborative and effective partnerships between LIN agencies and outside providers using an effective referral process.
- Promote parent participation in Family Engagement groups and help grow their capacity and social capital.
- Actively participate in events and activities that contribute and enhance LIN goals and commitments.
- Outreach and collaborate with prenatal to age five children of Latinx families in South King County and Support DeColores program implementation and staff as needed.
- Develop and build partnerships with other agencies and schools.
- Engage with “Help Me Grow” King County strategies to help build a strong foundation for the DeColores program and to expand Early Learning opportunities for Centro Rendu (CR), Latinx families.
- Attend meetings related to program planning and implementation, learning circles, community meetings and networking opportunities as assigned by CR managing board
- Participate actively in family engagement activities in schools and communities where Centro Rendu has access (primarily in S. King County) and as part of LIN such as but not limited to Orientation Nights, Weekly reports to parents, parent meetings/conferences, etc.
- Coordinate Centro Rendu Parent Ambassador Program.
- Collect data for reporting, analysis and program evaluation, Track deliverables, and outcomes in Charity Tracker.
- Work with the proper attitude that exemplifies the Society’s Statement of Values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Program Development, Education or related field preferred. Social Emotional Learning knowledge or willingness to learn. Experience with event planning and execution, community outreach and engagement is preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Fluency in Spanish (reading, writing, and speaking) is required. Must have the ability to communicate with others using both English and Spanish.
Uses compassionate, reflective listening strategies to engage families of low-income background.
Ability to do basic arithmetic (add, subtract, multiply and divide), have a sense of scale (eg: to know that 12000s block is 30 blocks north of the 9000s block), and know odd and even numbers. Ability to handle numbers accurately without transposing digits.
Ability to handle incomplete or unreliable information (eg: addresses, phone numbers) and ask appropriate questions or look up maps or other references to get accurate information. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Maps and internet searches required. Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word is an advantage.
Certificates and Licenses
This job has oversite of Centro Rendu staff as well as some volunteers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is in a standard office environment with desktop business equipment and frequent telephone calls. Noise level is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. The employee must constantly reach with hands and fingers. Employee must be able to work in close contact with small and large groups. Frequent hearing and talking is required. Extensive keyboard typing is required.