Department: Centro Rendu De Colores Program Prepared By: Human Resources
Reports To: Senior Advisor Date Prepared: January 4, 2021
FLSA Status: Non-exempt, Full-time
Summary: This position works to support and partner with Latinx parents and their children 0 to 5 years of age, to provide educational tools and to strengthen the family unit by connecting them with community resources in South Seattle/South King County.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: The duties and responsibilities of this position shall include, but are not limited to the following.
- Provide home visits and family support services to parents and their children 0-5 years of age.
- Visit eligible families once a week at their homes, keep record of visits and enter required information in database.
- Work with families and individuals of Latinx backgrounds (including families with a history of mental health, trauma, substance abuse, domestic violence, teenage pregnancy, and low-income/poverty.)
- Develop a network with other providers and service agencies, especially those who work with a similar population.
- Attend and participate in regular supervision, team meetings, and agency in-services.
- Use ASQ 3 & ASQ Social & Emotional 2 Screening tool to assess the child’s developmental age and stage.
- Support parents understanding of child development and parenting skills.
- Assist families in accessing needed community resources.
- Encourage and support continuing education – trainings, webinars, etc.
- Assist families in establishing goals and plans for attaining these goals.
- Maintain confidentiality requirements of program and agency.
- Knowledge of child and adult development and family dynamics.
- An ability to work as a team member.
- Knowledge and ability to model appropriate parent/caregiver behavior.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date electronic case files according to program timeframes and requirements.
- Perform any other related duties as necessary to the functioning of the agency or at the request of the Supervisor/Director.
- Educate pregnant participants using behavior-change techniques and models.
- Demonstrate and model for the parent how to respond appropriately to the behavior of children from 0 to 5.
- Utilize early learning activities, books, and/or toys during home visits to model to the parent how these materials can enhance play time, language development and all interactions for the purpose of supporting child development and strong parent-child relationship.
- Must be willing to travel and attain a valid WA Driver’s License.
- Must demonstrate fluency in all Microsoft Office products and office skills – emailing, scanning, faxing, etc.
- Must be willing to work between the hours of 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday, some weekends, flexible schedule as needed.
Education/Experience/Essential Minimum Skills:
- BA in Early Childhood Education, 2 + years of proven experience
- or Child Development Associate (CDA), 5 + years of proven experience
- BA in Social work or related field, 5 + years of proven experience
- Bilingual English and Spanish – read and write preferred (REQUIRED)
- Flexible, patient and sensitive when working in home settings
- Able to maintain upbeat relationships with children and families
Work Remotely/ Work Environment:
(Temporary due to Covid-19)
- We are allowing our staff to work remotely, if they prefer.
- In the office, we are establishing separate “Work Stations”, requiring the use of masks, and adhering to strict social distancing guidelines.
- Home Visitors conduct Virtual Visits, FaceTime, and phone calls with families/participants
- Renton location (above office space of the St Vincent de Paul Thrift Store).
- The position works a minimum of 40 hours per week.