Job Title:Administrative Assistant Prepared By: Human Resources
Department: Administration FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Date Prepared: November 2021 Reports To: Executive Director
Provide exceptional reception services and administrative support to the organization’s management team; manage a variety of general office duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as receptionist and provide greeting and direction to all visitors. Direct incoming calls to the appropriate department.
- Responsible for incoming mail and packages and its distribution, manage staff mailboxes.
- Compose letters in a professional manner.
- Manage and post conference room meeting schedules, coordinate staff meetings.
- Manage donor activity, responsible for “Donor Perfect” database: post daily receipts, transfer funds from PayPal, issue and track acknowledgement letters, track pass-through funds, generate reports for Accounting and Development Departments. Send annual tax receipts to donors. Coordinate year-end donor appeal letter, track and follow through on donor related issues or inquires.
- Manage organization’s cell phone account; coordinate staff cell phone activity, pay corporate monthly bill.
- Keep office clean and tidy by sanitizing common areas
- Update and maintain staff directory.
- Oversee corporate Costco membership, Petrocard and petty cash drawer.
- Assist with biweekly paycheck distribution.
- Assist with staff events.
- Set up and order food for meetings.
- Provide administrative assistance to staff and Managers as needed including general technical support and making any necessary travel arrangements.
- Provide support to Blue Dress Breakfast fundraiser.
- Run occasional errands for supplies or other business as needed.
- Track stationery supplies of letterhead, envelopes, business cards and postage.
- May be called upon to assist with special projects and assume responsibility for the development, administration, and promotion of specific projects, as required.
- Work with the proper attitude that exemplifies the Society’s Statement of Values.
- Contact for Equipment (i.e. printers, phones, etc.
- Point of contact for Certificate of Insurance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associates of Arts Degree from accredited college and at least 3 years experience performing the duties of this job or a combination of education and experience. It is highly desirable that experience includes working in a not for profit environment.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, instructional and procedural manuals, and correspondence. Ability to write reports, correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from diverse and varied audiences, including board of director members, managers, and service providers. Must be able to visually scan reports and documents, with proven proofreading abilities.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Excellent skills with PC based Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is in a standard office environment with moderate noise levels. The position does not frequently travel within the area outside of the office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work with computers and other electronic equipment for prolonged periods and to use hands to finger, handle or feel. Prolonged keyboarding is required. The position requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range, clear and understandable speech patterns, and the ability to hear in quiet as well as noisy environments. The position requires working in groups of two or more in close proximity. Requires occasional bending, stooping, reaching, and/or stretching and lifting up to 25 pounds.