St. Vincent de Paul Seattle of Seattle — King County is a non-profit social service agency that provides assistance to the community through Case Management Services. We are a compassionate and innovative team of professionals. We are good listeners, planners, and architects of service strategies to help struggling neighbors. We treat everyone with dignity and respect. People know, respect and trust our 98 years of service to the Seattle/King County area.
We are currently looking to fill a Case Manager position for East King County. This position is part of a comprehensive, progressive and evidence-based approach to case management that incorporates the SVdP home-visit program as the first step towards a partnership with the parish volunteers to support those seeking case management services. SVdP case managers develop personal action plans that include client assets, goals, barriers and available resources to help the most vulnerable individuals and families in our communities to connect with vital services and to offer dignity in a one-to-one support towards self-sufficiency.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides services such as planning, coordination, and application of progressive case management activities for individuals or families with special needs who are referred by conferences and/or the other agencies. Additional emphasis may be given to individuals experiencing homeless, formerly incarceration, and mental and/or behavioral health.
- Works within all existing policies and procedures for enrolling new clients and follow-ups on existing clients.
- Maintains client’s progress notes, assistance, and outcomes up to date, which includes case load reports to determine measurable results for grants.
- Assists in maintaining records of the disbursement of all check requests, vouchers, bus tickets and any other form of financial aid for clients on case load by using the client database and developing monthly activity reports.
- Works in coordination with case management team, a network of SVdP volunteers in parishes, parish staff to assist individuals and families in receiving holistic, progressive and individualized support services towards self-sufficiency.
- Assists in the development and coordination of Council social service programs at the SVdP Food Bank and other satellite offices in King County.
- Uses Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Motivational Interviewing with open ended questions, affirmations, reflective listening, summarizing, coaching, supporting, and guiding the individual and family to achieve their goals.
- Stays up to date on other evidence based practices and participates in subsequent trainings and to adhere to those practices.
- Develops working relationships with other providers and service agencies, especially those who work with a similar population.
Education: Four years or higher of college education in Social Work and/or in a related field, plus 1 year of work/volunteer experience.
Full Time, wage based on experience, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement for those who demonstrate exceptional skills. Please provide resume and cover letter to be considered for this position to email@example.com. St. Vincent de Paul is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Salary D.O.E. $50,000.00 to $55,000.00