Continued from Home Page
St. Vincent de Paul Helps You Be a Change Agent
Your donations to us transform you into becoming an agent of change, and we’re very grateful for that. Truthfully, goods and clothing donations are our primary way of raising money for programs. We offer several very convenient ways for you to donate to us including:
1. Use Our Pick-Up Online Donation Form
You can fill out our easy to complete online Goods & Clothing Donations Form. We will follow up with you, help you make a reservation and facilitate securing your donations.
2. Call Our Pick-Up Reservation Phone Line: 206.767.3835
If you have big items or a large number of bags or boxes of clothes and household goods, call our Pick-Up Reservations Line at 206.767.3835. We will schedule a time to come to your residence to pick-up your donations.
3. Donation Drop-Off & Pick-Up at Office & Stores
You can drop off your items at the St. Vincent de Paul of Seattle|King County Council office at 5950 Fourth Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98108. The phone number is 206.767.9975. Hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Mon. – Fri. You can also drop off clothing and household goods at any of our five thrift stores.
Most people don’t know that a donation of $25 has significant impact in our organization. This level of donating can provide a week of housing, partial payment on a month of utility bills, food for a family for a few days and more. We quickly convert your donations into sales, and then into proceeds to help fuel our programs to help the poor.
When you see your donations through the lens of the $25 level, then you can begin to see that your organization and your employees are helping make a major difference in the lives of hundreds of people in our area.
Your generous and heartfelt contributions will help St. Vincent de Paul provide services to the less fortunate and those among us who are suffering. That is why we want you to help us help others. Become a Change Agent for St. Vincent de Paul!
Why Give to St. Vincent de Paul?
- Unlike other thrift organizations you may know about, we are not a private corporation, we don’t pay our managers big salaries. We don’t have shareholders—our thrift stores exist solely to generate money for programs to help those in need.
- St. Vincent de Paul of Seattle|King County is a Better Business Bureau (BBB) Accredited Charity, meeting all 20 Standards of BBB Charity Accountability and is a Seal Holder.
- About 92 cents of every $1 donated to us goes to programs for people, one of the highest percentages among all charities in the US. We convert donations to money very quickly to help fund our programs.
- St. Vincent de Paul received the prestigious Independent Charities of America Seal for the highest standards of accountability. Of one million charities in the US, less than one percent have been awarded this Seal.
- St. Vincent de Paul has been awarded the coveted Charity Navigator Four Star Rating. This is a major honor given to a select group of charities in America. Charity Navigator helps charitable givers make intelligent giving decisions by providing information on over five thousand charities and by evaluating the financial health of each of these charities.
- St. Vincent de Paul is a Better Business Bureau (BBB) Accredited Charity, meeting all 20 Standards of BBB Charity Accountability and is a Seal Holder.
What We Do
We run a large food bank and our volunteers make thousands of home visits to help the less fortunate with rent, food and other assistance. We also offer case management support to help people get out of poverty.
St. Vincent de Paul Green
If we can’t resell your items to help people who are struggling, then we recycle them and help the environment. We are one of the oldest and largest recyclers in King County, recycling over 8,000,000 pounds of materials every year.
Things We Just Can’t Sell
Unfortunately, there are things we just can’t take, not because we don’t want to help you, but because we just them. Review Things We Can’t Sell. And if you have questions, call us at 206.767.3835 and talk with a member of our Pick-up Reservations Team.